Why there is no way back for religion in the West

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021

This article goes into it a little more in depth than the TED Talk.

What I don't see in his rationale is the impact of SUPPRESSION. Yes, succeeding generations are more secular but succeeding generations are also experiencing different social values in public school and certainly in universities that suppress religion.

What if that were removed? What if we allowed prayer back in school? What if we got rid of the homo and tranny clubs and started organizing more religious clubs? What if we started heavily censoring the filth children are exposed to?

He does give one little hint of what might happen in the article when he says

What is striking is that not only is decline in religiosity across the birth cohorts found across most of Europe — the only exceptions being in some formerly communist countries in eastern Europe — the rate of decline seems to have been essentially constant, both over time and across the continent. Although there is variety in levels of religious involvement, the differences are as much generational as cultural.

So . . . . in formerly communist countries where religion was actively suppressed . . . . it not only survived but they've experienced no decline in religiosity.

And we are seeing the actual strengthening of the Eastern Orthodox Church in the eastern parts of The West.

My conclusion is that what Voas describes is not NATURAL. The decline in religion from generation to generation follows the rise of CULTURAL MARXISM from generation to generation.

The other point I want to make deals with MODERNITY. What he describes as modernity is soul-crushing. Social media makes kids more isolated and suicidal not less. It's very possible that what Voas has documented is a temporary blip. We've seen an explosion in technology in the last 100 years (4-5 generations) but we're seeing that technology is not necessarily GOOD for people.

A couple of examples from history . . . . . the whole Nazi movement (in my opinion) depended strongly on the rise of the Volkisch Movement. There are different interpretations on how important it was but I'm in the camp that says the average German accepted Nazism as a way to ensure a return to Volkisch values.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkisch_movement

My point . . . . societies swing away from spirituality, blood and soil towards modernism . . . . and then they swing back.

The last point is that Voas doesn't address the history of CHRISTIAN REVIVALISM in the West.

Revivalism happens in all countries and in all religions.

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
This article goes into it a little more in depth than the TED Talk.

What I don't see in his rationale is the impact of SUPPRESSION. Yes, succeeding generations are more secular but succeeding generations are also experiencing different social values in public school and certainly in universities that suppress religion.

What if that were removed? What if we allowed prayer back in school? What if we got rid of the homo and tranny clubs and started organizing more religious clubs? What if we started heavily censoring the filth children are exposed to?

He does give one little hint of what might happen in the article when he says

So . . . . in formerly communist countries where religion was actively suppressed . . . . it not only survived but they've experienced no decline in religiosity.

And we are seeing the actual strengthening of the Eastern Orthodox Church in the eastern parts of The West.

My conclusion is that what Voas describes is not NATURAL. The decline in religion from generation to generation follows the rise of CULTURAL MARXISM from generation to generation.

The other point I want to make deals with MODERNITY. What he describes as modernity is soul-crushing. Social media makes kids more isolated and suicidal not less. It's very possible that what Voas has documented is a temporary blip. We've seen an explosion in technology in the last 100 years (4-5 generations) but we're seeing that technology is not necessarily GOOD for people.

A couple of examples from history . . . . . the whole Nazi movement (in my opinion) depended strongly on the rise of the Volkisch Movement. There are different interpretations on how important it was but I'm in the camp that says the average German accepted Nazism as a way to ensure a return to Volkisch values.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkisch_movement

My point . . . . societies swing away from spirituality, blood and soil towards modernism . . . . and then they swing back.

The last point is that Voas doesn't address the history of CHRISTIAN REVIVALISM in the West.

Revivalism happens in all countries and in all religions.
My understanding from the philosophical Paradigm Shift, Kali Yuga and Planetary Karma fundamentalist religious
dogma will not be tolerated any longer.
Look around -think globally you think t can be stopped?
In 70-100 years this conversation will cease to exist.
There will be a completely different dialog.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
My understanding from the philosophical Paradigm Shift, Kali Yuga and Planetary Karma fundamentalist religious
dogma will not be tolerated any longer.
Look around -think globally you think t can be stopped?
In 70-100 years this conversation will cease to exist.
There will be a completely different dialog.

Do I think man will become areligious?

No. Three reasons:

1) I think humans have always and will always have questions about the universe and their own existence. If there isn't a religion, they will invent one.

2) Modernity and technology do not fill man's inner needs. This is why we have expressions of need like in this video. Now, he talks about Nature and not God . . . . but you can easily jump from one to the other.

3) We don't know what will happen when SUPPRESSION ends. Religion is not dying in the West because of some natural evolution. It is being actively suppressed. It's discouraged, mocked and insulted. Churches have been infiltrated by Leftists with secular agendas. Marriage has become a joke.

Remove the suppression, wait a couple of generations and let's see what happens.

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
Do I think man will become areligious?

No. Three reasons:

1) I think humans have always and will always have questions about the universe and their own existence. If there isn't a religion, they will invent one.

2) Modernity and technology do not fill man's inner needs. This is why we have expressions of need like in this video. Now, he talks about Nature and not God . . . . but you can easily jump from one to the other.

3) We don't know what will happen when SUPPRESSION ends. Religion is not dying in the West because of some natural evolution. It is being actively suppressed. It's discouraged, mocked and insulted. Churches have been infiltrated by Leftists with secular agendas. Marriage has become a joke.

Remove the suppression, wait a couple of generations and let's see what happens.
@Do I think man will become areligious?

Religion in terms of dogma and organization is becoming obsolete.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”​

― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

"Thou hast conquered, O pale Galilean; the world has grown grey from thy breath."
-Algernon Charles Swinburne

Taoists often say, “Stand like a tree.” Why?
Because we can learn from the grounded and present energy of trees.
They do not become unbalanced, frazzled, and caught in chaos.
They remain firmly rooted and connected with Earth’s energy.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
@Do I think man will become areligious?

Religion in terms of dogma and organization is becoming obsolete.

Careful . . . he didn't say that. He said Christianity was declining in the West.

But elsewhere many religions are thriving. And if this article is correct and the key determinant is the number of children in a family . . . . all these immigrants we're now importing (and the Europeans are importing) might change religion in the West.

Maybe we'll start doing this before every college football game? Or maybe we do it after . . . and the loser provides the guest of honor to the altar . . . . . .

ThinkstockPhotos-98193978.jpg

RayRed

Oct 31, 2021
Hey Zen,

I think your perspective, and your posts are important. I am currently attending a weekly Bible Study on 1 Peter. The thing that I think you are bringing out is the importance of direct meditation and prayer, which is exactly what I am getting from this study; being set apart, and rejected by men, but precious to the Creator. The Creator is using all experiences and all seeking. "...always being prepared to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. having a good conscience, so that when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame." 1Peter 3:15-16

To further your point, I attended a presentation on this recently. This is the fact, Churches that are 501c3 are in effect state run churches

Last edited:

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021

America's Religious Future: Dechristianization (Not Secularization)​

What is this country coming to?
Anyone who pays attention to religion in America can see monumental changes
and conflicts affecting the present and looming in the future.

RayRed

Oct 31, 2021

The importance of prayer, study and meditation, cannot be overstated.
Therefore, gird your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13

Last edited:

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
Everyone is not on the spiritual path nor are we on the same vibration or frequency.
In transition into the New Age the truth is one the paths are many.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021

Uh-huh.

but Christianity specifically is losing its authoritative power across society. What we are witnessing today, and what has been especially visible in the past for some time now, is a process of dechristianization (not secularization).

That's like Stalin observing just before his death that there is a lack of jewish doctors in Moscow.

That's the game Secular-Progressives are playing.

First, we do everything humanly possible to suppress Christianity . . . . and then we'll talk about how it's dying in America.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I find this to be an EXTREMELY DISHONEST POSITION. I would have much more respect if they said . . . . "we Cultural Marxists have been trying to destroy Christianity in America since the 1960s and By Jove . . . . it's working!"

FAR

Jun 23, 2021
Hey Zen,

I think your perspective, and your posts are important. I am currently attending a weekly Bible Study on 1 Peter. The thing that I think you are bringing out is the importance of direct meditation and prayer, which is exactly what I am getting from this study; being set apart, and rejected by men, but precious to the Creator. The Creator is using all experiences and all seeking. "...always being prepared to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. having a good conscience, so that when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame." 1Peter 3:15-16

To further your point, I attended a presentation on this recently. This is the fact, Churches that are 501c3 are in effect state run churches
After 40 yrs in church ministry: Churches do not need to file for 5013c status. Contributions given to them are tax exempt for those who give. But because Christian organizations use the legal system to allow their contributors to give tax exempt does not mean they are state churches (whatever that means). A church's legal stance and its messaging have little to do with each other in this country, though that is not the case in other nations. I operate a non profit Christian organization that offers free counseling and spiritual guidance to the community at large. Those who give can write off their gifts but we in no way represent the government. We represent the Lord Jesus Christ who took the penalty for all sins while hanging on the cross, then died physically and raised back to life 3 days/nights later. Whosoever believes that He did that to earn their eternal life, they will be placed into union with Him forever at that moment.

Reactions: NvEric

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021

Matthew, Mark, Luke and... Thomas?​

What would Christianity be like if gnostic texts had made it into the Bible?​

Gnostic Gospels will redefine Christianity and the teachings of Jesus.

War Room Forum
Donate to War Room Forum
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and our support staff to post news and video clips throughout the day.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat