Why it's hard to see that America is heading towards civil war

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
I hesitate to read too much into this because we don't know the facts. it could easily be that these were a pair of homos having a lover's quarrel, or one guy insulted the other, or one guy owed the other money, or the young guy hit on the older guy's woman/man. :rolleyes:

We don't know.

But if this is what first reports say it is . . . this is a case of POLITICAL MURDER.

Political violence & murders are usually a sign that the **** is about to hit the fan.

For example, before the American Civil War, there were over 70 cases of violence just in the Congress!

And there were hundreds of cases of violence all over America with between 50-200 documented killings just in Kansas alone. John Brown's Raid was an extreme example, but Brown had also murdered people back in Kansas.

In the lead-up to the Spanish Civil War, there were over 2,000 political murders and thousands of attacks. The actual fighting began after a murder.

At first glance, you'd say that we're nowhere near that in America today. That's true in terms of body count. Most of the violence has been one-sided . . . . the Left attacking the Right. With few exceptions, the Right has not yet begun to fight back.

But there's something else going on and that is the DIFFUSION OF ISSUES.

Americans today are not divided over a singular issue like slavery, or whether to be communist or nationalist.

We're divided over countless issue: Education for kids, taxes, Covid, race, immigration, homosexuals, trans, marriage, guns, 2020 election, free speech and abortion (just to mention a few).

So, when we see a riot in Charlottsville where White Nationalists fight the Left . . . . or we see the events of January 6th . . . . or we see the attempted murder of a Supreme Court Justice . . . we don't tend to connect the dots.

Wrong. Please connect the dots. Look at the bigger picture the way future historians will.

Historians will look back and see that as America fractured in the 21st Century, the people could not see the forest because of all the trees.

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021

U.S. on the verge of a civil war or liberal dictatorship​

American conservatives have long been saying that the country is increasingly approaching the situation of 1861, when Washington’s unwillingness to reckon with the interests and views of the states of the South led to civil war.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021

American conservatives have long been saying that the country is increasingly approaching the situation of 1861, when Washington’s unwillingness to reckon with the interests and views of the states of the South led to civil war.

FROM THE ARTICLE: data from the University of California and the Center for Violence Research, whose polls show that half (out of more than 8,000) of respondents are confident that “in the next few years there will be a civil war in the United States.” At the same time, every fifth resident of the United States believes that in some circumstances political violence is justified, and another 40% of citizens agree that having a strong leader is more important than “democracy.” The center’s founder, Garen Wintemute, says the survey literally stunned him. And, of course, he blames Trump for what is happening,

What that says to me is that our democracy/republic has failed just like Plato suggested it would.

The problem with those 40% is that it's impossible to agree on what makes a good STRONG LEADER.

I think that we are headed for a civil war UNLESS we agree to separate and create different regions within the country.

You want to chop the wee-wee off a 12-year old or get an abortion without parents even knowing about it? Then you go live in the West Coast Region. You want to raise your family along traditional Christian values? You move to the Southern Region. We should even have a Black Region where they can elect a King if they want to.

It's either SEPARATION or one side will have to destroy the other. And that, it seems to me is impossible. There are just too many of us. So, we end up totally wrecking the place like they did in Lebanon, 1975-1990.

Lebanese-Civil-War-photos-4-1200x788.jpg

I think that getting rid of the illegal immigrants will be the trigger event. it's going to take militias made of volunteer patriots to help the cops round them up. At some point, the illegals will fight back and others will join them. Then it's on.

Los Angeles looks like Nogales.

cartel-violence.jpg

Last edited:

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021

I think that's correct. However . . . . you're preaching dangerous heresy. What are you racist? The Civil War was only about slavery donchaknow? Otherwise, tearing down all those beautiful old statues would make no sense. ;)

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
I think that's correct. However . . . . you're preaching dangerous heresy. What are you racist? The Civil War was only about slavery donchaknow? Otherwise, tearing down all those beautiful old statues would make no sense. ;)
@What are you racist?
Whatever it takes to save the America from BLM, Antifa and the evil evangelicals.

Reactions: Confusedpatriot

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
You know that was sarcasm right? :)

Big difference between sarcasm and being a smartass.
Can also add cynicism, skepticism and criticism into the equation.

For those who have a spiritual sense of awareness, irony vs sarcasm.

Observation:
Are we surrounded by many stupid people who constantly say the dumbest things
and ask the most foolish questions? Telling them to Fvck Off is not being polite
hence the tool of sarcasm.

The ability to recognize metaphor, word-play or a quip as hilarity
this importance of a sense of humor goes a long way.

We are on the internet, up to what extent are we to take things personally?

Will use bannonfan regrettably as a point of reference.
bannonfan is the evangelical equivalent of Jerry Springer.
Am sure bannonfan perceives "he means well", he is trapped in the past,
the illusion of self and is totally "oblivious" to what is going on in the forum.

From my lesser deity, it's Sunday.

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Keep Silent.

Silence.jpg

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
Big difference between sarcasm and being a smartass.
Can also add cynicism, skepticism and criticism into the equation.

For those who have a spiritual sense of awareness, irony vs sarcasm.

Observation:
Are we surrounded by many stupid people who constantly say the dumbest things
and ask the most foolish questions? Telling them to Fvck Off is not being polite
hence the tool of sarcasm.

The ability to recognize metaphor, word-play or a quip as hilarity
this importance of a sense of humor goes a long way.

We are on the internet, up to what extent are we to take things personally?

Will use bannonfan regrettably as a point of reference.
bannonfan is the evangelical equivalent of Jerry Springer.
Am sure bannonfan perceives "he means well", he is trapped in the past,
the illusion of self and is totally "oblivious" to what is going on in the forum.

From my lesser deity, it's Sunday.

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Keep Silent.

Silence.jpg

I'm sorry. I'm not following.

What I was trying to explain is that in Post # 2 you said

My response/sarcasm/smartass . . . . whatever . . . . observation in Post # 4 was
you're preaching dangerous heresy. What are you racist? The Civil War was only about slavery donchaknow? Otherwise, tearing down all those beautiful old statues would make no sense. ;)

What I meant is that it is no longer politically correct to attribute the Civil War to a conflict over State's Rights. The only acceptable explanation in 2022 America is that EVERY SINGLE YOUNG SOUTHERN SOLDIER WENT TO WAR TO DEFEND SLAVERY.

This belief is what gives them moral justification to pull down statues and erase the flags of the Confederacy.

One of the statues they most enjoy pulling down is Stonewall Jackson. But Jackson had a pretty benign history with slavery and had nothing to do with the Planter Class who wanted secession. He was raised in what is today West Virginia by an uncle who ran a mill and the slaves were apparently treated well. Jackson had a friendly and caring relationship with the black woman who raised him.

Jackson was morally torn over slavery. He thought it was wrong . . . but there it was . . . . right in the Bible . . . so he assumed God accepted it. A lot of Southerners had this same moral confusion.

Jackson established a Sunday School for slaves where they were taught to read and write. He could have gone to jail over this, but he persevered despite the threats. During the war, as a general, he sent money to continue the operation of the Sunday school.

Today, Stonewall Jackson is the only Southern general to have a commemorative plaque in a black church.

But none of that matters if you are prepared to swallow the lie that the war was only about slavery . . . . and this is what I was making fun of. (Not you.)

Last edited:

ZenRoman

Feb 18, 2021
I'm sorry. I'm not following.

What I was trying to explain is that in Post # 2 you said

My response/sarcasm/smartass . . . . whatever . . . . observation in Post # 4 was

What I meant is that it is no longer politically correct to attribute the Civil War to a conflict over State's Rights. The only acceptable explanation in 2022 America is that EVERY SINGLE YOUNG SOUTHERN SOLDIER WENT TO WAR TO DEFEND SLAVERY.

This belief is what gives them moral justification to pull down statues and erase the flags of the Confederacy.

One of the statues they most enjoy pulling down is Stonewall Jackson. But Jackson had a pretty benign history with slavery and had nothing to do with the Planter Class who wanted secession. He was raised in what is today West Virginia by an uncle who ran a mill and the slaves were apparently treated well. Jackson had a friendly and caring relationship with the black woman who raised him.

Jackson was morally torn over slavery. He thought it was wrong . . . but there it was . . . . right in the Bible . . . so he assumed God accepted it. A lot of Southerners had this same moral confusion.

Jackson established a Sunday School for slaves where they were taught to read and write. He could have gone to jail over this, but he persevered despite the threats. During the war, as a general, he sent money to continue the operation of the Sunday school.

Today, Stonewall Jackson is the only Southern general to have a commemorative plaque in a black church.

But none of that matters if you are prepared to swallow the lie that the war was only about slavery . . . . and this is what I was making fun of. (Not you.)
How do we understand each other?

Can we ever understand another human being?

Do we even understand ourselves?

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
How do we understand each other?

Can we ever understand another human being?

Do we even understand ourselves?

Yes, yes and probably not.

But it takes time and being face to face to achieve good communications. That's why foreign leaders meet in person and don't just text or write letters. However . . . . it also takes honesty on both parts. Otherwise, you get the Bernie Madoff effect. People thought they understood what he was selling, and they trusted him with their life savings. But they only understood Bernie's representative.

Understanding ourselves . . . . . that's like peeling an endless onion.

Every time you access a memory, your mind changes it somewhat.

Like the article says . . . . you can't step in the same river twice. So even if were to achieve perfect self-knowledge at midnight tonight . . . . by next morning we would be slightly different and have to start again.

That's why dogma is so appealing to humans. You don't need to look inside . . . . you just have to follow and have faith.

War Room Forum
Donate to War Room Forum
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and our support staff to post news and video clips throughout the day.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat