We Need To Talk About GETTR 🤦‍♂️

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Magafront

Sep 20, 2021
magafront.wordpress.com
That genie is not going back into the bottle anytime soon. So then the real problem becomes that most social-media isn't talk-oriented but comment-oriented. And those are two very different things.

And on top that, the internet is about to get flooded with practically infinite number of extremely human-like articulate bots capable of carrying a conversation considerably better than your average RLNPC.

Yeah and every Twitter/Reddit alternative so far has flamed out one way or the other. Gettr is a shitshow, basically just a broken pretend twitter to deliver my pillow spam and miles guo rants.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
pretend twitter

Exactly. It's a knock-off that somehow manages to amplify the key flaws killing the original platform itself instead of the features that made it successful in the first place.

I was very puzzled by the lack of non-bot lefties on GRIFTR (considering how easy it was to open an account) until I realized posters could not only block them but delete their posts for everyone else to never see as well.
Obviously (and kind of brilliantly) Miller added this function to switch both the technical and ethical workload of moderating the platform onto the users themselves, thus saving himself a tone of staff salary plus the aggravation of becoming some kind of Bizarro-Dorsey for the left. But at the same time this also decimates the user-base, which then requires a tone of bots to compensate.

The sad irony of all this is that I actually like GETTR's main tech. And when properly and honestly framed it could have been a great win. If Miller would have been honest from the start by making the case that we need a Twitter-LIKE platform for MAGA to have basic access to crucial censored information like election fraud, vaccines, activism against lockdowns, CRT, and so on, then many of us wouldn't feel as disappointed or betrayed.

If instead of creating his own shitty bots he would have invested all that money and energy into raising bot-awareness, ridiculing Twitterbots, and de-legitimizing Twitter for this practice, while selling GETTR as a catchy bot-free visual Twitter/news-aggregator hybrid, then the project could've been a hit. AND he could have sold tones of pillows and books while at it as well. This is what pisses me off the most, really. 🙄

bannonfan

Mar 1, 2021
I trained one of my kids to build/trouble shoot computers, who then went on to software development for umpteen years...

don't expect perfection to start, even now there are myriad challenges....it took him 15 years working with INTEL?MICROSOFT to get windows to stop freezing, and yes you can thank me, visavis my son, that you no longer put up with all that crashing...

of course, hiring programmers from India, who had degrees in computer science, but had never actually touched a keyboard in their lifetimes, before coming here, was the bulk of the problem, Those companies are trashed now due to these ineptitudes and horrendous oversights.

as to the poster:
maybe put your money where your mouth is, and complain on gettr instead of in here?

if you could help, you'd have contacted them.

I would not expect things to get fixed in the first 3 months, but even in here they wanted money to fix something.. that too is a prob..

if you offer a feature, then disable it unless one pays, you are following bill gates into hell....its a shake down. No,, they need to improve on that.

when you buy a car, they don't rip out the air co, after you are already driving it...

yet in software, all bets are off. fooey, I hate that, its dishonest. If you need money, ask folks for it, don't try coercing them into it.

I like telegram....

if you don't like a program, either fix it, go elsewhere, or give them time to improve. all the beeching changes nada.

i don't like the idea of deleting others, unless its pure abuse, but how can you have it both ways. either you give folks the right to delete or you hire 50 watchdogs..and the watchdogs are themselves suspect,
I see no great solution to this. If someone is full of hate, they will try to shut those up who disagree with their lifestyle and/or beliefs.
and the moderators are often like mother superiors, real stick up the blanks.

This is why politics is in the mess its in, some want truth and purity to return to our land, others prefer debauchery and will serve their lord master of it.

it's almost impossible to get rid of the rancor without some system of restraint.
for adults, its easier to ignore, for the young, it results in suicide and depression, but what are you suggesting.....that pure vitriol should have no remedy?

the reason there isn't that much of it in here, is this forum, wasn't marketed as the solution to all leftist thoughts, gettr was, and therefore is shouldering the brunt of that mantle.

I am basically in agreement that censorship is wrong, but don't see everything as solvable. for instance, in medical forums, where I spent years, even any alternative view would be censored once the lemming moderators got hired.

they weren't even doctors, nurses at best, but would decide alternate views should not be shared. Particularly eggregious when you had research proving that they were dosing incorrectly for life threatening illnesses.
The more you censor, the more you can lose, and when life is at stake, one wants to go ballistic.

if I had a wand I'd wave it and say explitives and name calling were grounds for expulsion, all else must be tolerated for ideas to freely flow.

Virginia VCU

Feb 10, 2021
And it's not going to be a pleasant conversation but needs to be said:

A- GETTR is NOT a social-media platform let alone a "Free-Speech Social-Media Platform". GETTR is a clever alternative-news-outlet-template or maybe even an "Interactive-News-Outlet" but certainly not what you're selling it to be.
B- As an "Interactive-News-Outlet" GETTR works great. You can follow important political figures and get a constant stream of valuable information pertaining your biggest personal concerns.
C- As a "Free-Speech Social-Media Platform" GETTR is absolutely AWFUL:
  1. Users can delete other users comments: This flaw is so big and so incredibly stupid it didn't even cross my mind it could be possible. If users can censor what other users say then there's absolute no point for people to have an honest discussion about anything. Whoever controls the account/post controls what's been said, seen and discussed by everyone else thus turning GETTR into a short-attention-span blog where people simply shout things into the void and then very easily stifle all dissent or rebuttal.
  2. You cannot read replies to replies which ruins any kind of actual social interaction: At best people can ask a question and get back a reply. That's it. Further than that it becomes a nightmare because it forces the user to load up a new page every time you want to read a reply. Imagine if people had to do the same thing here to navigate a thread with dozens or even hundreds of replies.
  3. The tech looks decent at first but you quickly realize it's a disaster: Alerts rarely work and stopped working altogether like a week ago. So far the Support staff haven't returned a single email and I've seen many people complain about it. Many files don't upload properly. There's a limit in the number of likes you can give. It is extremely easy to make fake accounts, get around filters and so on.
  4. The bot situation is just utterly utterly embarrassing: I know what you're doing. Everyone knows what you're doing. And we all know Twitter does it too so it is fair game and we turn a blind eye. But GETTR-bots are probably the worst I have ever seen. This thing wouldn't pass the smell-test in 2010 let alone 2020. I cannot stretch what an absolute sh*t-show this is. If you're going to be this OBVIOUS then might as well not do it at all because then you are causing the opposite effect, giving the sense many real users are or could be bots too.
When I see Jason Miller talking about streaming and crypto-payments is just depressing and embarrassing. Parler, FrankSpeech and now this. I'm all about ACTION ACTION ACTION but the movement cannot afford these kinds of semi-rookie mistakes.
At the very least try to switch the narrative because the biggest problem is that GETTR it's been sold as something it's not. Like I said, it is a great tool for MTG, Rahem or Bannon to upload a video or post a piece of news but that is not social-media nor "free-speech".

My humble advice:

D- Be open and vocal about the tech issues. Tell people it is brand new blahblahblah, that it isn't easy to build such a big platform from scratch blahblahblah. People will understand and at least join already conscious about these shortcomings.
E- Either sell it as an "Interactive-News-Outlet", or actually turn it into a social-media platform by getting rid of the post-deletion feature and addressing the bot situation.

I really really really wanted GETTR to succeed as a global social-media platform but I honestly can't see how. There are simply too many mistakes and poor decisions combined (starting with that awful name).
Who knows, this all might be on purpose to push people into Trump's new platform...

TL;DR: This might fool grandma but that's about it. Millennials downwards no one will ever embrace this disaster of a platform.

Anyways, I'm open to provide further assistance if needed. Feel free to contact me here.

Peace and MAGA.

View attachment 10723
Thanks for the warning. I'm not sure if I ever signed-up, but I know I've never used it. Seems all of these platforms echoing free speech should find out exactly what that means. It is yet another case of "for me, but not for thee". America is very divided in hierarchies and always has been. IMO, the reason we are having such turmoil presently is that the lines between us were becoming blurred, and the control freaks were losing power. This war we are experiencing is an attempt of the rich and powerful to not only strengthen the line, but to push it back so far that it will never be crossed again. We have a real fight on our hands, but we have the big advantage in that 'we' are millions, and 'they' are thousands. We can do this, we can win.
Back to the point, I am getting tired of all media, not just msm. I have mentioned Animal Farm here before, isn't this the same? One simply supplants the other, then makes the same mistakes of not allowing equality. Internet media is just taking the place of msm. They are doing the same crap for which many turned away from msm. When it comes to choosing between what is better for society, or what is better for the self, the self will always win out.

WHITEFRANK

War Room VIP Member
Jun 15, 2021
Thanks for the warning. I'm not sure if I ever signed-up, but I know I've never used it. Seems all of these platforms echoing free speech should find out exactly what that means. It is yet another case of "for me, but not for thee". America is very divided in hierarchies and always has been. IMO, the reason we are having such turmoil presently is that the lines between us were becoming blurred, and the control freaks were losing power. This war we are experiencing is an attempt of the rich and powerful to not only strengthen the line, but to push it back so far that it will never be crossed again. We have a real fight on our hands, but we have the big advantage in that 'we' are millions, and 'they' are thousands. We can do this, we can win.
Back to the point, I am getting tired of all media, not just msm. I have mentioned Animal Farm here before, isn't this the same? One simply supplants the other, then makes the same mistakes of not allowing equality. Internet media is just taking the place of msm. They are doing the same crap for which many turned away from msm. When it comes to choosing between what is better for society, or what is better for the self, the self will always win out.
it's a little bit like patriotic American flags-- made in China. China doesn't support America, it just sells us something that expresses what we believe in. "Free speech" and yes even "election integrity" and "nationalism", "populism" for us are part of a sacred cause and for people like Miller, and bannon- are just marketing terms in a grift.

I have much more time for Lindell because he holds certain things to be sacred and openly witnesses it at every opportunity, and Rick Wiles for openly saying the truth about the many hostile communistic jews who are destroying white America. It's much better when views are expressed openly even if concern trolls, happy clappies and other undesirables try to silence the speaker with soft coercion and quiet authoritarianism. Look where all that mealy mouthed delusional crap has taken us so far.
Stand for something or fall for anything. The second step is to discern when grifters are selling you something in the name of the cause for which you would yourself fight and die.
Many such cases.

Virginia VCU

Feb 10, 2021
the second step is to discern when grifters are selling you something in the name of the cause for which you would yourself fight and die
Totally agree, it is no different than taking the last morsel of bread crumbs from a starving homeless person because if it comes to it, you know you will fight and you know you will die. So basically they are willing to let you die for a pittance in their pocket. These grifters taking advantage of American Patriots are truly evil, as are all grifters. Though I might get fooled once in awhile, generally their true color shines through their lying eyes. Liars are never as good at lying as they think they are.

Virginia VCU

Feb 10, 2021
it's a little bit like patriotic American flags-- made in China
Years ago I went in search of buying a flag. I started getting pretty pissed when all I could find in stores were flags from china. However, I knew of a company that made flags not to far from home. So I made the trip only to find that it had permanently closed. I was LIVID. At that point I became an enemy of china, and a patriot. There should be a freaking law against making something so sacred to our country in china. Those flag companies in the U.S.A. should have been subsidized, I would not care how much we would have to pay in subsidies, because making the American Flag in America is sacrosanct.

WHITEFRANK

War Room VIP Member
Jun 15, 2021
Years ago I went in search of buying a flag. I started getting pretty pissed when all I could find in stores were flags from china. However, I knew of a company that made flags not to far from home. So I made the trip only to find that it had permanently closed. I was LIVID. At that point I became an enemy of china, and a patriot. There should be a freaking law against making something so sacred to our country in china. Those flag companies in the U.S.A. should have been subsidized, I would not care how much we would have to pay in subsidies, because making the American Flag in America is sacrosanct.
Some will think what you say sounds silly but I had an identical experience. It is infuriating.

AngellicAngela

War Room VIP Member
Feb 6, 2021
Michigan
HMM....Our Sacred "American Flag's" 🇺🇸
Being produced in the US shouldn't even be A Question.
Yikes!

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
A lot to unpack here, @bannonfan thanks for the long reply! (y)
maybe put your money where your mouth is, and complain on gettr instead of in here?
I'm not sure what you mean by this but:

1. I voiced these same concerns there prior to coming here but there's no real mechanism to do so. I posted a brief version of this thread in GETTR's Support account which was then replied (probably by some intern in India) with an automatic message telling me to send an email, which I did (twice) and never got a single reply.

2. I also posted a message saying I was leaving the platform (specifically because of the fact people can delete other peoples' posts) to my almost 600 followers which got 10 likes to my usual 1 or 2 per post. 😅
As a very pertinent side note, from those almost 600 followers I can say one is a real human. That's it. So roughly-speaking, giving no one really comments on anything in a civilized manner (unlike you lovely peoples here), I would estimate at least 500 are bots. At least.

3. The point of complaining here is the proximity between Bannon's WarRoom and GETTR. Futile as it is, I'm doing this hoping it somehow might reach the proper set of ears. (It most likely won't, I know).

if you could help, you'd have contacted them.
Yes. I always add that part in all my emails too. I explicitly say they can contact me for any further feedback, help or assistance. (No replies so far).

if you don't like a program, either fix it, go elsewhere, or give them time to improve. all the beeching changes nada.
Well, that's also the thing, and allow me to reiterate:

GETTRs underlying base tech / software / program isn't bad at all. It's kind of buggy but as you said that is completely normal when first developing a platform. The app/site itself looks great and feels quite smooth.
That being said it DOES NOT work as a social-media platform. But it works GREAT as some kind of news-aggregator. People can post messages, links, short videos and so on but you cannot have any kind of meaningful interaction.

I know this is probably a bit confusing but follow me here:

1. The main basic software = GREAT
2. The social-media part of the software = ABSOLUTE DISASTER
3. Jason Miller (and Bannon) are selling GETTR as a "free-speech" social-media platform. And that is a very big part of the problem. The rest being the bot situation and the user-censorship situation.

i don't like the idea of deleting others, unless its pure abuse, but how can you have it both ways. either you give folks the right to delete or you hire 50 watchdogs..and the watchdogs are themselves suspect,
I see no great solution to this. If someone is full of hate, they will try to shut those up who disagree with their lifestyle and/or beliefs.
and the moderators are often like mother superiors, real stick up the blanks.
That is exactly one of the biggest challenges of running these kind of huge global social-media sites. #1 The actual infrastructure (servers and tech personnel) and #2 Moderation / moderators.

Now lets dissect what "Allowing people to delete other peoples' post" actual mean because this is crucial:

1. It automatically kills "free-speech". Period. No one looking for free-speech will ever use GETTR as long as that is the case.
2. Miller is selling GETTR as a bastion of FREE-SPEECH based on the notion that GETTR itself won't ever delete your content (which is also not true because they censor their platform exactly like Twitter does but based under a different set of rules).
3. All GETTR is doing by this is switching the blame of censoring something to the user instead of the platform itself.

As I said this is kind of brilliant because:

1. It requires a lot less personnel.
2. Miller/GETTR doesn't get blamed for censoring anything.
3. It literally turns GETTR into a GRIFTRs paradise.

This ruin the site for us (the users looking for free-speech) but benefits greatly anyone trying to milk MAGA.
In GETTR grifters are free to make an account for free, have thousands of bots praising everything they say (sell) and on top of that they can manually curate any kind of criticism, complains or dissent thus giving the completely false impression of being successful MAGA heroes if they want.

This is great for Miller's and the grifter's pockets but terrible for us (people looking for free-speech and honest political activism) and also downright dangerous for MAGA.

And that is basically why and how I ended up here wasting all this time trying to shine a light on all this.

if I had a wand I'd wave it and say explitives and name calling were grounds for expulsion, all else must be tolerated for ideas to freely flow.
In essence that is EXACTLY all you need to do. Easier said than done, of course, but basically a non-negotiable principle for hosting any kind of social-media platform. Specially one being sold under the "free-speech" mantra.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
Amen, sister.

Everyone should make a GETTR account, though (albeit using a fake or throwaway email). It is a great tool for following specific voices you might care about. If you want to follow Bannon and the WarRoom crew for example go for it.
That being said, in a few weeks when you have 500 follower-bots out of the blue you will think back and remember this thread. 😁
Also lets keep in mind there must be some kind of bot-assigning algorithm. Personally I would only make 2 posts per day and leave around 5 comments tops. Natalie Winters re-posted one of my replies and that definitely boosted my profile but even previously to that I was up to like 300 or something like that which is very hard to justify giving my low posting activity.

Mr.Pepe

May 28, 2021
Seriously? This goes on my list of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
Lol that was a tongue-in-cheek joke, ma'am.

But also funny because it's true!

clipart-9-29-0-26-32(1).png

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat