The Bible back in our schools

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
Sorry to Interrupt, But Scripture, that I Happen to Believe On, Is the INSPIRED Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV States That 16"All Scripture is given by Inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for Intruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished into all good works". Our Time Here Is Getting Short, So Please Reconsider, It Won't Hurt, It Will Only Help! 👍
You don't know how to read. I wrote these words a few posts back:

Christians believe the Bible was inspired by God, not that it was written by God. God didn't write anything. Neither did Jesus. I know of one instance where Jesus wrote something in the ground. Other than that, the Bible was written by men, translated by men, packaged by men, handed down by men. Flawed human beings and all that implies.

I call out fraud because there's so much of it in the world today. I call out people who are pretending, who do things half way, who wear masks and elevate themselves unjustifiably. The internet is a magnet for this behavior because on the internet no one knows you're a dog. You can shoot your mouth off without the expectation of a response, of a serious conversation, of having to back up what you say, of having to look a real person in the eye.

Step One: You might want to learn proper capitalization. That's grade school stuff.

Lamentation

Mar 5, 2021
Pilgrim & Foreigner
I'm not your friend. Everyone on the internet is a stranger to everyone else.

Again you dodged the question. You're very good at that. When was Bible study part of a normal curriculum in American public schools?

Christians believe the Bible was inspired by God, not that it was written by God. God didn't write anything. Neither did Jesus. I know of one instance where Jesus wrote something in the ground. Other than that, the Bible was written by men, translated by men, packaged by men, handed down by men. Flawed human beings and all that implies.

I call out fraud because there's so much of it in the world today. I call out people who are pretending, who do things half way, who wear masks and elevate themselves unjustifiably. The internet is a magnet for this behavior because on the internet no one knows you're a dog. You can shoot your mouth off without the expectation of a response, of a serious conversation, of having to back up what you say, of having to look a real person in the eye.

Step One: You might want to learn proper capitalization. That's grade school stuff.
Hi Countermoon. I hope this message finds you well, Blessed in the Lord and having a wonderful day 😊.

This IS NOT ment to offend: but,
🛑PLEASE STOP!🛑 ENOUGH!
Stop being rude and SLAPPING around your/our fellow PATRIOT Brothers and Sisters who has a Faith, with your rude and ridiculous insults, THIS IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!!!

This isn't GRAMMAR SCHOOL, it's Simply a FORUM! I am certain that I speak for MANY when I tell you that I love communicating with ALL types of people, from ALL walks of life! Educated and Uneducated, Rich and Poor, Black and White! And, YES that includes you.

I feel like I have an obligation to tap into and engage in this conversation, especially since the children of God are ONE with Him and in Him. And, YES, this is a Devine Revelation from the Scriptures (The Holy Bible). If I'm correct in my analogy, it is from that same source (The Holy Bible) that you derived at your profound discernment "I know of one instance where Jesus wrote something in the ground." as well. If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know from where or from whom you derived at your profound conclusion. Oh but wait, surely that cannot be true if it was in The Holy Bible. Especially since The Holy Bible, in your view, was written by men. Can you see (understand) how this sounds? The content of your post has legitimate concerns that most of us have discussed and continue to confront. However, I am curious as to what compelled you to seek a "minor in Christian studies", what version of the Bible the institution used, and on the assumption that you succeed, what was your overall GPA? Do you mind sharing this information? I hope that you don't take this post the wrong way, but I am extremely interested in knowing what motived your interest in this course of studies, and I am absolutely baffled by your thoughts, beliefs and feelings pertaining to Christianity and The Word of God given these revelations. Again, assuming you succeeded in your endeavors, can you share your expert analysis of the following verse: 🕊"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."💞, assuming AGAIN the ENTIRE New Testament was part of your curriculum to include THE WRITINGS OF JESUS??? Did your views and opinion change in a negative or positive direction after completing your course of studies?

I'm curious to know how you felt when you came to the Knowledge of the pre crucifixion prayer of Jesus when He was sweating beads of BLOOD due to His physical and mental (spiritual) condition, the direct result of the WEIGHT OF OUR SINS which He chose to (carry) be put upon HIM? Were you empathetic when you first learned of how they thrashed Him to shreds with a cat-o'-9-tails (a tactic that basically would skin you alive), in addition to having His beard ripped (flesh attached) from His face, then proceeded to beat Him BEYOND RECOGNITION embedding a plated crown of poisonous thorns into His tender wounded scalp and then lead Him away to suffer the insidious, grief stricken process of His crucifixion (I'll spare you the gruesome details) in the presence of His wailing heartsick, devastated and Shattered Mother? You're obviously educated, therefore, you know the story of Jesus is a historically proven fact.

It breaks my heart to know that people on this earth can be so contemptuous towards our Lord and Saviour and deny the Little Children! When you speak about the Word of God you are speaking of The Son of God!

🕊 You are in my Prayers 🙏🏻

🕊 Jesus loves you so much

moniqueannemcgregor

Jan 1, 2021
Kansas
Alright folks, I'll dig out my bibles - they're in a box in a closet - and start reading them since I've never read them cover to cover.
And, all hell may break lose, for I will discern the flaws, if I find them, because it's what I tend to do with dogmatic presentations.

To the post title - the Bible belongs not in public schools, but in the home.
Peace
Thank you.

Reactions: NvEric

moniqueannemcgregor

Jan 1, 2021
Kansas
Hi Countermoon. I hope this message finds you well, Blessed in the Lord and having a wonderful day 😊.

This IS NOT ment to offend: but,
🛑PLEASE STOP!🛑 ENOUGH!
Stop being rude and SLAPPING around your/our fellow PATRIOT Brothers and Sisters who has a Faith, with your rude and ridiculous insults, THIS IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!!!

This isn't GRAMMAR SCHOOL, it's Simply a FORUM! I am certain that I speak for MANY when I tell you that I love communicating with ALL types of people, from ALL walks of life! Educated and Uneducated, Rich and Poor, Black and White! And, YES that includes you.

I feel like I have an obligation to tap into and engage in this conversation, especially since the children of God are ONE with Him and in Him. And, YES, this is a Devine Revelation from the Scriptures (The Holy Bible). If I'm correct in my analogy, it is from that same source (The Holy Bible) that you derived at your profound discernment "I know of one instance where Jesus wrote something in the ground." as well. If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know from where or from whom you derived at your profound conclusion. Oh but wait, surely that cannot be true if it was in The Holy Bible. Especially since The Holy Bible, in your view, was written by men. Can you see (understand) how this sounds? The content of your post has legitimate concerns that most of us have discussed and continue to confront. However, I am curious as to what compelled you to seek a "minor in Christian studies", what version of the Bible the institution used, and on the assumption that you succeed, what was your overall GPA? Do you mind sharing this information? I hope that you don't take this post the wrong way, but I am extremely interested in knowing what motived your interest in this course of studies, and I am absolutely baffled by your thoughts, beliefs and feelings pertaining to Christianity and The Word of God given these revelations. Again, assuming you succeeded in your endeavors, can you share your expert analysis of the following verse: 🕊"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."💞, assuming AGAIN the ENTIRE New Testament was part of your curriculum to include THE WRITINGS OF JESUS??? Did your views and opinion change in a negative or positive direction after completing your course of studies?

I'm curious to know how you felt when you came to the Knowledge of the pre crucifixion prayer of Jesus when He was sweating beads of BLOOD due to His physical and mental (spiritual) condition, the direct result of the WEIGHT OF OUR SINS which He chose to (carry) be put upon HIM? Were you empathetic when you first learned of how they thrashed Him to shreds with a cat-o'-9-tails (a tactic that basically would skin you alive), in addition to having His beard ripped (flesh attached) from His face, then proceeded to beat Him BEYOND RECOGNITION embedding a plated crown of poisonous thorns into His tender wounded scalp and then lead Him away to suffer the insidious, grief stricken process of His crucifixion (I'll spare you the gruesome details) in the presence of His wailing heartsick, devastated and Shattered Mother? You're obviously educated, therefore, you know the story of Jesus is a historically proven fact.

It breaks my heart to know that people on this earth can be so contemptuous towards our Lord and Saviour and deny the Little Children! When you speak about the Word of God you are speaking of The Son of God!

🕊 You are in my Prayers 🙏🏻

🕊 Jesus loves you so much

Bless poor little Cottage Cheese Brain's heart.

moniqueannemcgregor

Jan 1, 2021
Kansas

I think you asked me to post proof of your ridiculousness or your demanding Citizen X ban me due to my opinions. Please read Lamentation 's lengthy and concerned post.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
"Please read Lamentation 's lengthy and concerned post."

I read that dumb post, the one that begins by wrapping itself around God, wishing me a wonderful day, saying it doesn't want to offend, and then offers a smiley face.

And then...unleashes The Wrath, like some snake-handling revival shyster from the 1800s. A person who can't see such large contradictions in their own behavior has nothing to learn from me, so they may as well stop reading.

"I am curious as to what compelled you to seek a "minor in Christian studies", what version of the Bible the institution used, and on the assumption that you succeed, what was your overall GPA? Do you mind sharing this information?"

I despise this kind of thing, because it means you don't want to think for yourself. You want to defer to authority. Instead of judging the content of posts, the words themselves, you want to know whose team I'm on. You want credentials: (in Latin) bona fides. If I show you my papers, then I can enter, right? This is the very thing we are supposed to be fighting. You use the old Manichean habit of dividing the world into good guys and bad guys. It's cheating. It's a lazy shortcut. It's for sheep, not men. It's not sensible, it's not Christian, and it's none of your damn business.

And I'll give it anyway. Because I don't give a f***.

I was raised Catholic, went to church every Sunday and on all the holy days, went to Sunday School, but fortunately I didn't attend Catholic schools. I found and continue to find that most Catholic priests have very little to offer. What's more, today's Vatican is a shill for the CCP. Dad was raised Catholic. Mom was raised Lutheran but was attracted to the Latin mass—right as they were getting rid of it. I graduated summa (the highest) from Hillsdale College. Four men taught me Christianity (this is a partial description of their resumes): 1) an ordained northern Baptist (Baylor, Trinity, Michigan State, Northwestern) 2) a Fordham grad who came to loathe Catholicism; 3) another ordained Baptist (Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, with master's and PhD from University of Chicago), and 4) a Yale man, whose classes were the hardest of all. I also benefitted from the lectures of Luke Johnson, which you can find on the web site Great Courses. But I learned more about Christian behavior from my parents and from the actions of these men than from any book, including the Bible.

In those days the default study Bible version at nearly all colleges was the Oxford Annotated Bible RSV with red cover, ed. by Bruce Metzger.

I can't comment on the rest of your post because there's nothing to comment on. It's fluff, bleeding with vague hand-me-down maxims not all that different from a bad pop song. It's painful to read.

Lamentation

Mar 5, 2021
Pilgrim & Foreigner
"Please read Lamentation 's lengthy and concerned post."

I read that dumb post, the one that begins by wrapping itself around God, wishing me a wonderful day, saying it doesn't want to offend, and then offers a smiley face.

And then...unleashes The Wrath, like some snake-handling revival shyster from the 1800s. A person who can't see such large contradictions in their own behavior has nothing to learn from me, so they may as well stop reading.

"I am curious as to what compelled you to seek a "minor in Christian studies", what version of the Bible the institution used, and on the assumption that you succeed, what was your overall GPA? Do you mind sharing this information?"

I despise this kind of thing, because it means you don't want to think for yourself. You want to defer to authority. Instead of judging the content of posts, the words themselves, you want to know whose team I'm on. You want credentials: (in Latin) bona fides. If I show you my papers, then I can enter, right? This is the very thing we are supposed to be fighting. You use the old Manichean habit of dividing the world into good guys and bad guys. It's cheating. It's a lazy shortcut. It's for sheep, not men. It's not sensible, it's not Christian, and it's none of your damn business.

And I'll give it anyway. Because I don't give a f***.

I was raised Catholic, went to church every Sunday and on all the holy days, went to Sunday School, but fortunately I didn't attend Catholic schools. I found and continue to find that most Catholic priests have very little to offer. What's more, today's Vatican is a shill for the CCP. Dad was raised Catholic. Mom was raised Lutheran but was attracted to the Latin mass—right as they were getting rid of it. I graduated summa (the highest) from Hillsdale College. Four men taught me Christianity (this is a partial description of their resumes): 1) an ordained northern Baptist (Baylor, Trinity, Michigan State, Northwestern) 2) a Fordham grad who came to loathe Catholicism; 3) another ordained Baptist (Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, with master's and PhD from University of Chicago), and 4) a Yale man, whose classes were the hardest of all. I also benefitted from the lectures of Luke Johnson, which you can find on the web site Great Courses. But I learned more about Christian behavior from my parents and from the actions of these men than from any book, including the Bible.

In those days the default study Bible version at nearly all colleges was the Oxford Annotated Bible RSV with red cover, ed. by Bruce Metzger.

I can't comment on the rest of your post because there's nothing to comment on. It's fluff, bleeding with vague hand-me-down maxims not all that different from a bad pop song. It's painful to read.
Well then, That explains it.

Lamentation

Mar 5, 2021
Pilgrim & Foreigner
Bless poor little Cottage Cheese Brain's heart.
You do realize that you're not insulting me here, don't you! No, I don't want to believe that you do, because I genuinely DO NOT want you to have to suffer the Wrath of Almighty God. But SUFFER YOU WILL; IF YOU CONTINUE TO SPIT IN THE FACE OF GOD AND MOCK HIM!

I'd prefer "Cottage Cheese Brain's" WITH GOD to an ETERNITY...(you fill in the blank, smartiepants). Grow up!

Lamentation

Mar 5, 2021
Pilgrim & Foreigner
"I am certain that I speak for MANY"

Certain? How can you be certain of such a thing?
Well, Countermoon, I would tell you, I'd even do my very best to explain it, but you still wouldn't be able to comprehend it. I'll tell you what, Countermoon, You confess Jesus as your Lord and Savour and convince me (us) that you're telling me (us) the TRUTH, and then, I'll tell you how I'm "CERTAIN". How does that sound, Since you're no stranger to Bible, you know where I'm coming from 😉

Dip Stick

Jan 9, 2021
Well, Countermoon, I would tell you, I'd even do my very best to explain it, but you still wouldn't be able to comprehend it. I'll tell you what, Countermoon, You confess Jesus as your Lord and Savour and convince me (us) that you're telling me (us) the TRUTH, and then, I'll tell you how I'm "CERTAIN". How does that sound, Since you're no stranger to Bible, you know where I'm coming from 😉
That's Sounds Fair Enough to Me!

Reactions: Lamentation

NvEric

Feb 7, 2021
Nevada
I Could Share My Views on Different Religious Beliefs, but I Doubt that Will Convince Anyone one Way or the Other. Most Want Absolute, Concrete, Scientific Proof, the "I'll Believe it When I See It Folks". I Live My Life By Faith and My PERSONAL Experience with Jesus, Not by What Other's Tell Me, Other than Those that God Sends Into My Life for A Specific Purpose. He Is Closer than A Brother, He Will Never Let Me Down, Even When I Feel He Has and the More I Trust Him the More He Reveals Himself and Makes His Way Clearer to Me. No Religious Belief or Anyone Can Convince Me Otherwise, Because I Have Personally Experienced Things, Both Good and Not So Good, Along With His Peace that Passes All Understanding! Satan Wants to Blind, Lie and Deceive As Many As He Can, Making Religion As Confusing as Possible! God Sent Jesus, Born of A Virgin, to Earth to Live and Be Tempted, Just As We Are, BUT Without Sinning and Be Crucified On A Cross As A One Time Sacrifice, Shedding His Blood For ALL People! Now, Who Doesn't Want His Gift, Absolutely Free With NO Strings Attached??? Sadly Too Many!!!! If You Find Yourself in Any Building, that the Church Inside Doesn't Share the Saving Grace Of JESUS CHRIST, then Knock the Dirt From your Feet on the Way Out!🙏
Nice reply, truly so, in several ways.
The 10 Commandments Were/Are Very Hard to Live By
I don't see it hard at all, but maybe I should refresh my memory and read them again.

I like challenges and being a contrarian now and then, so in my late teens I started to try and improve my behavior towards others. It was not that bad, but in some ways I found myself following the crowd. So, for the decades that followed, training myself to not fall into useless patterns, but rather focus on the positive. And, after a bout with death in 2005, even more so. Not trying to be perfect, but rather seeking to not hinder others in their ways of going about their lives.
And, yes without much direct contact with a religion other than what I absorb from others.

"Satan Wants to Blind, Lie and Deceive As Many As He Can, Making Religion As Confusing as Possible!"
And this is way my view is when people of faith accept each other - looking past the falseness of hating each other - then Humanity may have a chance. However, this is at odds with what I've read on this forum, and it concerns me for we, the people of earth, should work towards surviving in more peaceful ways. I know it sounds a bit flaky, because it is poorly written and goes against each faith, but maybe that's why I have to put it out for people to try and understand that there may be things still unexplained by each faith, and it's for people to figure out a truer path. I phrase that with sincerity and care for this is taking me some time to write.

I don't expect any miracles in my lifetime, with you or anyone else who bothers to read this. I hope people will keep their faiths and be as true to them ! But, I also hope people can find common ground and build from there, because it is there and the path is clear to me as the words written say this, at least in the Bible. When the words are understood, there will be hope.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
You do realize that you're not insulting me here, don't you! No, I don't want to believe that you do, because I genuinely DO NOT want you to have to suffer the Wrath of Almighty God. But SUFFER YOU WILL; IF YOU CONTINUE TO SPIT IN THE FACE OF GOD AND MOCK HIM!

I'd prefer "Cottage Cheese Brain's" WITH GOD to an ETERNITY...(you fill in the blank, smartiepants). Grow up!
If you think I'm the one spitting in the face of God, you have another game coming. Grow up.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
I don't have to confess anything to you, you arrogant piece of s***. I don't bow down to you.

countermoon

Feb 17, 2021
American midwest
I haven't forbidden anyone from practicing their faith. I haven't tried to persuade anyone out of their religion. My point has always been that it has very little to do with politics. It's a separate subject and ought to be kept separate. Render unto Caesar. If one fake Bible-thumper on an internet forum can't see that, it's no skin off my back.

Made in the U.S.A

Feb 19, 2021

Yep I remember the pledge each morning in Home room, shows you how far away USA has come from God all due to prayer being removed by politicians from our schools. WE the people should Never allow that. Yet 1st our gov for and by the people has to have We the people involved that means running for local offices and stare and federal as that is where the choices are made , if WE the people whom place our Trust in God are not then they do what ever they please. It is that simple. So what is the answer to getting America back on track there you go ...... Make America Great again and that is by Faith and living the best we can by Gods Word the Bible and draw close to HIM as a Nation not against HIM
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: Dip Stick

War Room Live Chat

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat