How to pronounce Nevada, Mr. Bannon

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Olefaithfull

Jun 7, 2021
Nevada, the Silver State, whose motto is “Battle Born,” is not pronounced “Nev-ah-da,” Mr. Bannon. That is the blue belly Yankee pronunciation.

You follow interviews with officials and/or residents of Nevada that give the proper pronunciation and yet you insist on the pretentious “ah” version that is usually perpetrated by easterners.

This is not an issue of pedantry but rather an issue of respect (and/or disrespect).

When you are aware of the correct attribution of a person or entity and still refuse to adopt it, that is disrespectful.

Nevada deserves better from you.

Reactions: karmasahn

Olefaithfull

Jun 7, 2021
Nevada, the Silver State, whose motto is “Battle Born,” is not pronounced “Nev-ah-da,” Mr. Bannon. That is the blue belly Yankee pronunciation.

You follow interviews with officials and/or residents of Nevada that give the proper pronunciation and yet you insist on the pretentious “ah” version that is usually perpetrated by easterners.

This is not an issue of pedantry but rather an issue of respect (and/or disrespect).

When you are aware of the correct attribution of a person or entity and still refuse to adopt it, that is disrespectful.

P.S. Here’s your pneumonic, Steve. The first ‘A’ in Nevada is pronounced the same as the one in “action”!

karmasahn

Feb 17, 2021
Virginia
That's how the natives say it, and someone local on the AM dial got a kick out of Brian Kilmeade saying "Hampton Roads" which includes Va Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and towns across the water up to Yorktown - instead of being accurate.

also cx on first syllable: nor = naw

Reactions: Olefaithfull

Olefaithfull

Jun 7, 2021
Natives here pronounce Norfolk rhyming second syllable with tuck
I rhyme it with coke.
Sue me and you win a dandelion.
😁 I ‘bout choked when my friend in Boston talked about the Norfolk police. He thought I was losing it when I inquired as to his conflict with them or any other source of animosity towards the NoF—- police.

Great laugh even to this day.

But that’s from a difference of dialect... not defiance or avoidance of correct pronunciation.

Think Nevada Action!!

😁Keep your dandelion!😁

karmasahn

Feb 17, 2021
Virginia
Kindly add "thoooo" instead of "through" to that difference in dialect - the usual suspects, alive and happy in Norfolk, Short Pump or Varina, Virginia.
Except for one notorious violator broadcasting from inside the Beltway.

Theotis Gomulka

Mar 4, 2021
P.S. Here’s your pneumonic, Steve. The first ‘A’ in Nevada is pronounced the same as the one in “action”!
Um. I think you mean mnemonic?… or perhaps pneumatic… no... wait. That wouldn’t make sense.
But while we’re on the subject, please don’t nobody be callin my city Duh-TROIT like all the effete snobs around here! It’s DEE-troit… as in “She’s runnin like a DEE-troit Diesel.”
… and don’t be callin me a frickin “Michigander” like our Governor Mother-May-I do, OK?
Thanks.

Silky River

Feb 17, 2021
Um. I think you mean mnemonic?… or perhaps pneumatic… no... wait. That wouldn’t make sense.
But while we’re on the subject, please don’t nobody be callin my city Duh-TROIT like all the effete snobs around here! It’s DEE-troit… as in “She’s runnin like a DEE-troit Diesel.”
… and don’t be callin me a frickin “Michigander” like our Governor Mother-May-I do, OK?
Thanks.
DEE-troit ~ long E with emphasis on first syllable, only pronounced that way in Detroit, Flint, black folk and car guys (Motor City)

DE- troit ~ long E with emphasis on second syllable, is how the rest of the state pronounces it. Michigander - most people everywhere else in the state use this. We’re not crazy about it either but it’s a nice play on Canadian geese because we are on their migratory path!

Duh - troit~ emphasis on second syllable. Grosse Pointers, snobby but not usually effete lol

SheepDogPatriot13

Feb 16, 2021
That's how the natives say it, and someone local on the AM dial got a kick out of Brian Kilmeade saying "Hampton Roads" which includes Va Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and towns across the water up to Yorktown - instead of being accurate.

also cx on first syllable: nor = naw
Kilmeade is growing dumber by the day. i think his brain's been affected by the MRNA injection, along with his paycheck from fox.

moniqueannemcgregor

Jan 1, 2021
Kansas

Lollllll....omg... try saying Missouri... I have been saying Nevada right....I swear. I say Harvard as Hahvahd. Lollll....

War Room Live Chat

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat