Democrats want to give voting rights to 800,000 illegals…

• Join War Room Forum!

Welcome Deplorable! Please take a moment to Sign Up for a free account so you can join in on the LIVE CHAT and forum DISCUSSIONS.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
This nonsense of an illegal being a citizen and getting to vote because he's born here is stupid and dangerous.

VOTING has been a problem since 1787. James Madison wrote

The right of suffrage (voting) is a fundamental Article in Republican Constitutions. The regulation of it is, at the same time, a task of peculiar delicacy. Allow the right [to vote] exclusively to property [owners], and the rights of persons may be oppressed... . Extend it equally to all, and the rights of property [owners] ...may be overruled by a majority without property....

It was left to states to decide . . . but all other sorts of unfairness arose because some states limited the vote to only property owners. Andrew Jackson fought to allow poor white men to vote, but still, women (and other minorities) could not.

I think the answer is that America has to become a private club, run by the MAGA Party. Local patriots qualify you to vote in the same way you have to qualify to drive a car. We do this today to select people eligible for military service so why not the right to vote?

If I were king for a day, I would use the following qualifications:

1) High school graduation or some equivalent level of education in the Constitution, basic government, citizenship, American history and politics in general

2) Two years of military or other public service

3) A clean record free of felonies and all but very minor misdemeanors

4) Having a job and paying taxes

5) Passing a written test or oral board

Once you meet these qualifications, you would be awarded the title CITIZEN in a public ceremony. It would be a huge deal like Catholics do with Communion, or jews do with their Bar mitzvah, or people do with graduation or the Born Again do with their baptism.

CITIZENSHIP AND VOTING ARE A BIG DEAL!

grammagail82

Feb 23, 2021
This nonsense of an illegal being a citizen and getting to vote because he's born here is stupid and dangerous.

VOTING has been a problem since 1787. James Madison wrote

It was left to states to decide . . . but all other sorts of unfairness arose because some states limited the vote to only property owners. Andrew Jackson fought to allow poor white men to vote, but still, women (and other minorities) could not.

I think the answer is that America has to become a private club, run by the MAGA Party. Local patriots qualify you to vote in the same way you have to qualify to drive a car. We do this today to select people eligible for military service so why not the right to vote?

If I were king for a day, I would use the following qualifications:

1) High school graduation or some equivalent level of education in the Constitution, basic government, citizenship, American history and politics in general

2) Two years of military or other public service

3) A clean record free of felonies and all but very minor misdemeanors

4) Having a job and paying taxes

5) Passing a written test or oral board

Once you meet these qualifications, you would be awarded the title CITIZEN in a public ceremony. It would be a huge deal like Catholics do with Communion, or jews do with their Bar mitzvah, or people do with graduation or the Born Again do with their baptism.

CITIZENSHIP AND VOTING ARE A BIG DEAL!
So, if you are handicapped and not allowed to perform military or most other public service, if you are dyslexic and can't read, if you transgressed the law 20 or thirty years ago, if you can't find a job because the prevailing politic power doesn't like you opinions, if you dropped out of school to support your invalid parents, then you wouldn't be a citizen and not allowed to vote. Yes you are right CITIZENSHIP AND VOTING ARE A BIG DEAL! But we must be very careful about the criteria we use. It's a good thing you are not king for a day.

Confusedpatriot

Sep 12, 2021
So, if you are handicapped and not allowed to perform military or most other public service, if you are dyslexic and can't read, if you transgressed the law 20 or thirty years ago, if you can't find a job because the prevailing politic power doesn't like you opinions, if you dropped out of school to support your invalid parents, then you wouldn't be a citizen and not allowed to vote. Yes you are right CITIZENSHIP AND VOTING ARE A BIG DEAL! But we must be very careful about the criteria we use. It's a good thing you are not king for a day.

Gee, looks like I've made a friend. :)

On the one hand, I propose to establish a set of criteria for citizenship much more robust than the current system of just being born here (my THESIS).

You don't like my proposal. OK, no problem. So your ANTITHESIS is what, exactly?

Certainly exceptions can always be made for whatever rules and requirements are developed. For example, lots of kids with drug records are still getting into the US military because every branch has a system that allows cases to be reviewed on an individual basis. Universities with very tough requirements still allow kids who don't meet all the requirements to get in because they have compelling reasons.

Even the Nazis had two Field Marshals and 15 generals serving with Hitler's full approval.

I'm sure that good people, working together with a positive attitude, can figure something out.

grammagail82

Feb 23, 2021
Well, for starters, what makes you a citizen? I am assuming you are a citizen. One objection I didn't make to your list is that it excludes every stay-at-home mom or dad into a non-citizen, since they don't pay taxes, even though they work hard and their spouses pay taxes but there is little record of their contribution. My point, simply, is that you can't just sit down and make a list off the top of your head. At first reading, your list sounds logical. But people don't always respond well to logic. We are not all engineers. And weeding out the not-so-good folks from the ones working together might not be so easy, either. But, on the other hand, a positive attitude might not be an absolute requirement, since the pessimist might come up with all the reasons for "tweaking" a list to make fewer mistakes. I know I am rambling.

grammagail82

Feb 23, 2021
These 800,000 are not citizens, they are, for the most part, not even residents. They are not even visitors. They are invaders.

War Room Live Chat

Support War Room With a Small Donation
Donations pay for increased server capacity, Live Chat and patriots/causes that appear on the show.

Hey Deplorable! Join us...

Never miss out. Join in on all that our community as to offer!

Sign Me Up!

Trending Today

War Room Podcast

War Room Live Chat